Do you know what is your body shape? Most women have either an apple-shaped or pear-shaped figure. Of course, there are other body shapes as well, but those two are the most common. If you want to show off your figure, it is important to learn to dress according to your body shape. There are some styles and shapes of clothes that you should avoid, but on the other hand, there is a lot of clothes that flatter your figure. All you have to do is follow some basic rules and you will look amazing!
Apple shape vs pear-shaped figure
Women with an apple shape figure usually have a wide torso and broad, rounded shoulders. They don’t have a defined waistline and they tend to carry weight around the middle part of their body. Their legs can be very slim. The most prominent part of their body is their torso. They should wear clothes that emphasize other parts of their body as well.
On the other hand, women with a pear shape figure usually have curvy hips and strong tights. They have a defined waist, but their torso looks small in comparison with their hips. Often, those women wear a larger size on the bottom than the top. They should wear neutral, dark trousers or skirts, but they can experiment with tops and everything that will emphasize their torso.
Tips for apple shape
- Since the middle part of your body is your strongest part, there is no need to draw more attention to it. For example, you should avoid wearing big belts.
- Women with the apple-shaped body often have a great pair of legs that sometimes go unnoticed. Don’t be afraid to show off your legs! A pair of short-shorts may do wonders for you, but we suggest you opt for high-waisted shorts.
- Avoid wearing skinny jeans because they can make your legs look even smaller. You should opt for wide-legs or boot cut pants instead.
- For special occasions, the best type of dress for your figure is a dress that has an A-line, as it will make you look elegant and stylish.
- When it comes to shoes, you should opt for shoes that emphasize your legs such as platform shoes or heels.
Tips for pear shape
- When it comes to a pear-shaped figure, you should try to draw more attention to your torso, instead of your hips and thighs.
- Feel free to wear t-shirts in bold colors and big prints, which will make your shoulders and torso look broader. That way your figure will look balanced and elegant.
- Another great trick is to wear multiple layers, such as tops, blouses, and cardigans. It will help even out your body’s proportions.
- You should opt for dark trousers or dark jeans because you don’t want to draw extra attention to your legs.
- Also, dark colors have a slimming effect that will compliment your figure.
Once when you know your body shape, dressing up becomes easier. All you have to do is follow those simple rules and your figure will look amazing!